Thursday, January 6, 2011

my sometimes funny kids

My kids crack me up. Not right this minute but sometimes they do. At this minute, I'm trying to get Alec to please, please, please finish up his homework before we go off to soccer. Brianna has an after school meeting today, but when I go get her she will undoubtedly scoff at something or roll her eyes or do some other sort of annoying thing that only 12 year-old girls manage to perfect.
I was looking through the old blog, though and came across some old posts from 2007 about silly things the kids said. I'll share them here for you just as they were written then . . .
(Sorry if you've already read them. Pretend you haven't).

Post about Brianna titled: Oh My God Cholesterol

Brianna: what's "Oh My God cholesterol"
me: huh?
Brianna: Oh My God Cholesterol. What does that mean?
me: where did you hear that?
Brianna: I read it on the dressing label
me: let me see that
I looked at our bottle of Ranch dressing to see what she was talking about. The label reads 0mg Cholesterol.
me: oh! This isn't "Oh My God Cholesterol", Birdie, it's "Zero Milligrams".
Brianna: Oh!

Yeah, I tried not to laugh, but I had to. Now I'm here thinking how the heck does she know "OMG" anyway?

Post about Alec titled: Boy Cheese

A few weeks ago, my son asked me if he could have some "boy cheese". At first I thought I wasn't understanding what he was saying. I pretty much ignored it thinking he was asking for something else.
Yesterday right after school, Brianna asked me for a grilled cheese sandwich. Right after, Alec said, "Yeah, and I want a boy cheese sandwich".
Oh!!!!!!!!!!!!! He thinks Brianna is saying "girl cheese" and that's why he asks for "boy cheese". Cute but uh, ewww. I explained and I hope he hasn't told his teacher that he likes boy cheese sandwiches.


Ah, my kids. Whether they're making me laugh or getting on my last nerve, there's never a dull moment.

".. come with us we'll sail the seas of cheese"

No comments:

Post a Comment