Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New month/Summer Break

June already!!!! This year is flying by! So, it's the first of the month, so here are the things I do . . .

1. Go to Smashing Magazine to change my desktop background. This month I chose "Colorful Summer".

2. Fill out my calendar for upcoming activities this month. June is significantly less filled than May was. That's a good thing!

3. Commit to blogging every day for the next month and undoubtedly fail miserably.

4. Monthly house cleaning chores (vacuum the vents, clean switch plates, wash garbage cans, dust the ceiling fans, vacuum inside the couches).

Plus, the kiddies and I are on summer break, so we're doing things we normally only do at this time of year. . .

1. Clean out the drawers and closet to get rid of clothes that don't fit anymore. (I do this for sure in the summer, sometimes during winter break too)

2. Get the kiddies ready for their vacation (Grandma LOVES to travel. Now that we kids are grown up, she takes along the grandkids)

3. Attempt to clear out the garage. Ugh. I think I'd almost rather just leave it open someday and let the burglars help themselves.

4. Various check-ups and appointments.

It's Summer Break! This also means . . .

1. Soccer camp for Alec. Brianna opted out this year.

2. The kids eat and eat and eat, so we often prepare snacks: frozen grapes (their FAVE), fruit salads, raspberries stuffed with chocolate chips (for dessert), watermelon slices, etc.

3. Summer reading.

4. Day trips.

5. Pajama days of doing nothing and just hanging out. My fave.


"School's out for summer. School's out forever" (or in our case at least for the next month and a half.)

No comments:

Post a Comment