Sunday, May 1, 2011

Music Challenge

A friend of mine had challenged me to do a 30 day music challenge on FB. As excited as I was and as much as I wanted to do it, I didn't. Seriously, anything that I HAVE to come up and do on my computer, hardly gets done anymore (i.e. blogging). I wasn't able to post some of the links I wanted using my iPad, so I never finished. Now I think it's just annoying to post a million FB status updates or links at once, so I'l going to finish it here. Because it's my blog and because I can. There.

day 01 - your favorite song
I can't decide on what my all-time favorite song is, so I'll go for a song I really, really, really like right now.
The Cave

day 02 - your least favorite song
Ugh, I'm lucky enough to have never heard this entire song. I googled GE Line Dance Commercial to find out who it was. This song combines two of my least favorite things: line dancing and country music. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
Good Time

day 03 - a song that makes you happy
This song is so adorable and Harriett's voice is lovely, how can someone not be happy listening to it?
Summertime

day 04 - a song that makes you sad
I was indifferent to this song but then it was used for the coverage of JFK Jr's funeral. I always think of that when I hear it now.
Angel

day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
This song reminds me of Brianna as a baby. She used to sing the chorus and even had a little dance to it. It was really cute for such a girly toddler to go around singing Johnny Cash.
Ring of Fire

day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
I was 13 or 14 and we'd gone to Hermosillo to visit my grandfather's relatives. I spent that whole trip with my Walkman listening to The Stone Roses.
Made of Stone

day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event
2004, I think. We'd bought a house and were moving. The lovely Giao had sent me a gift package for my birthday which included a CD with this song. As I was back and forth from house to house, I kept listening to this song as well as Sing from Travis.
City of Love

Here's where I had stopped. Now for the rest . . .

day 08 - a song that you know all the words to
I know the words to countless songs. Here's just the lastest song I was singing along to and know all the words to.
Hang Me Up To Dry

day 09 - a song that you can dance to
Wow. I actually found footage of my old dance group. I was in it 75 years ago, pre internet video days. I'm surprised to recognize people in the group. In case you're wondering, the guys are a snake in this dance. Hence the odd movements and the shrieking girls.
La Culebra

day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep
Without a doubt.
Soma

day 11 - a song from your favorite band
Although Incubus and Pixies are close, my all-time fave has to be U2. I'm posting a song I always get a "I've never heard this song" about.
Three Sunrises

day 12 - a song from a band you hate
Ugh. Let me wash out my ears.
How You Remind Me

day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure
Come on, you can't blame me, can you.
SexyBack

day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love
Most people know I love Alt Rock but I like some hard rock songs as well. I loved this one.
Bat Country

day 15 - a song that describes you
Hmm, this has pretentious potential. I'll stick with this one. . .
Where is My Mind

day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate
I loved it for a little while now can't stand to hear it.
The Impression That I Get

day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio
ALL the time when we listen to the kids' station. Ugh.
Whip My Hair

day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio
I hardly hear this on the radio. I wish it was on more.
Crystalized

day 19 - a song from your favorite album
I used to have this on cassette and wore it out more than once. I loved, loved, loved this album.
Ana

day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry
It's nice to be a bit angry sometimes, no?
Chop Suey

day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy
Isn't this song just perfect?!
Something

day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad
Uh, this is such a good, depressing song. A perfect song to listen to when you want to wallow for a while.
Asleep

day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding
Well I'm already married. I think this is an ideal wedding song, though.
Ride

day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral
That's kind of grim to think about. Still, I always thought this would make a good funeral song. Then I knew a kid who sang it to his mom at her funeral. Heartbreaking.
Mother's of the Disappeared

day 25 - a song that makes you laugh
It still does.
Peaches

day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument
It was one of the first songs I learned. I still remember it.
Lightly Row

day 27 - a song that you wish you could play
Growing up I wanted to be Kim Deal of the Pixies. I wish I could play bass like her.
Cannonball

day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty
Not a huge story, just a college-age break-up. : S It just reminds me of then.
The Freshman

day 29 - a song from your childhood
Heck yeah, I loved them AND knew this dance.
Claridad

day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year
I heard this song SOOOO much last year. I got myself tired of it.
The High Road

There! I finally finished! As much as I love music, this meme was a chore!

And how much did you pay for your rock n roll t-shirt that proves you were there that you heard of them first . . .

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to post this I know. I got a bit wee busy. But I will post it as one big note on FB.

    ReplyDelete