Sunday, January 23, 2011

one Saturday in Tucson

One Thursday in Tucson: I posted about my daughter's messy room

One Friday in Tucson: I wrote a draft about ordinary stuff. Book. Recommendations. I didn't finish, but figured I'd finish up the next morning.

One Saturday in Tucson:

since then: posting that draft seemed futile and silly. I wanted to write something, anything, but it seemed like I was making the events about me when they weren't. At all. I know I haven't posted because I feel like I should mention something, but there isn't much I can say. I felt terrible. I was shocked. I felt violated, like it could have been anyone. Now I just feel lucky. We're all wishing Gabby the best.

That's all I'm saying about that. Tomorrow I'll go back to posting about ordinary, silly things. That's my life, and I'm tremendously grateful to be lucky enough to live an ordinary, silly life.

1 comment: